[Freeswitch-users] TLS/SRTP performance numbers and bottlenecks?

Aaron S aaron at tfdm.us
Fri Jan 6 02:13:24 MSK 2017

I have an application that requires a large number (500-1000 to start)
of concurrent g.711u streams/calls as seen in the Hybrid Encryption
section at https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/SIP+TLS.
  Parallelizing this is something that's certainly possible (and would be
used with two identical systems for redundancy's sake to start), but I'm
wondering if two systems on bare metal would be sufficient, or more is
required.

Looking for stats via google, I'm not seeing much out there.  I'm not
sure where the bottlenecks of this system are.  I'm not doing any
transcoding, just stripping out the encryption on one leg of the call.

Any tips, real-world numbers/experience, or what have you would be very
appreciated.

Thanks,

-Aaron