[Freeswitch-users] Javascript Event Consumer -- How to run at startup?

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at hellohunter.com
Wed Feb 22 01:39:11 MSK 2017

I've written a simple Event Consumer which I ported from LUA.  When I run
it via the CLI, it works great.  Now...

How do I get the Javascript Event Consumer to run at startup?

I would have expected this to be in the documentation, but not yet.
There's documentation on it being used as an Event Consumer at
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/JavaScript+Event+Handler
which is great (especially for people like me who already are familiar with
event consumers), but just nothing that covers startup scripts.

https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/browse/conf/testing/autoload_configs/lua.conf.xml
-- example from Lua's config file.  There's a "startup-script" variable in
the <settings> section

https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/browse/conf/insideout/autoload_configs/v8.conf.xml
-- v8 config, no startup-scripts.  There is a very new "hooks"
implementation which is interesting, but not ideal when execution time is
important (or at least I'd need to performance test it).

(copying Andrey Volk on this as he committed the recent hook modifications).

Nicholas Blasgen
Developer
Predictive Dialer Limited
+1 (724) 252-7436 (cell)