[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch sends 2 SDP answers which causes webrtc client to drop the call

Georgi Nikolaev georgi at proitc.org
Tue Feb 14 17:36:37 MSK 2017

Hi Folks,

I am experiencing an issue where remote SDP can not be set due to receiving 2 SDP answers.
The setup is webrtc (sipjs)->Freeswitch->SIP Termination, where a call is originated by the sipjs.ua calling a public number. As soon as the remote party answers the call, the call drops due to not being able to gather the remote media path.

Worth mentioning is that only some calls fail where the majority are successful. The difference between the successful and the unsuccessful ones is in the SDP messages. The good one receive ‘answer' for UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF followed by ‘offer’ for RTP/SAVPF.
The one that fail are 2 SDP answers.

I have discussed the topic on the webrtc group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/discuss-webrtc/IwOxU-IcxdY/Hfn02tEfCwAJ
Also raised this in the sipjs forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/sip_js/ABy98d3Kwu8

On both it has been suggested that this is either a setting in Freeswitch or its incorrectly sent SDP messages.

Freeswitch version: 1.6.14
SIP.js: 0.7.5
Browser: Chrome - latest version

I would appreciate any help on this as its causing me some random call drops affecting the service.

Here are the logs as well:
FS log: http://pastebin.com/UQW6AdcQ
Chrome log: http://pastebin.com/Crk69MrS
webrtc-internals-log: http://pastebin.com/BVr7v4EB

Any ideas/suggestions/comments are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Georgi Nikolaev