[Freeswitch-users] Slow to open the inbound RTP port - wait for 183 response

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:48:45 MSK 2017

You cannot get FreeSWITCH to use the port until it knows media will be
established.
The channel will not read any media at all until it gets some indication
that media flow will actually happen to conserve resources.
Keep in mind people have expectations of 150+ cps and opening ports before
you know you will need them is not part of the design.

Very few things would ever require such a thing, and even if the port was
open FS would not try reading from it anyway until it gets the remote SDP.
If you need a work-around, use iptables to block icmp unreachable messages
on the rtp port range.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:53 AM, <martin.hoole at emailn.de> wrote:

> I am trying to figure out why Freeswitch is sometimes slow to open the
> inbound RTP port.
> Have you run into anything that might affect that aspect of FS's behavior?
> FS seems to wait for the 183 response following an Invite. But if the
> remote side starts sending RTP data to the port FS said to use (in the
> SDP), then the RTP bounces back and the sender might switch to a different
> source port.
> And then we can end up with asymmetrical port relationships, and possibly
> one-way audio.
> So I'm looking for a mechanism to tell FS to get that RTP port open as
> soon as possible, and not to wait for the 183 response.
> Might have something to do with the "ignore-early-media" setting, but not
> sure yet?

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH