[Freeswitch-users] How are you using FreeSWITCH?

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Fri Feb 3 11:59:54 MSK 2017

My company BestFone uses FreeSWITCH for call routing. Self-serve panel at
https://panel.bestfone.com (full stack:
https://stackshare.io/bestfone-2-0/bestfone-2-0)

There's several main scenarios:
Calling card -- from several countries (USA/Canada/England/Switzerland) to
worldwide.
Virtual Numbers -- from any supported country (Voxbone footprint) to
worldwide.
Playback lines: archives of tele-conferences, with options to
pause/rewind/skip forward.

I have a few custom-coded lua setups for time based routing, failovers, etc.

Most of my system is very simple freeswitch config that calls mod_xml_curl
or a .js file that calls my remote API.

I used to offer ATA boxes, but both debugging NAT and delivering boxes is
much less straightforward than the callingcard/virtual number setup.

Avi Marcus
BestFone