[Freeswitch-users] A note from the Lead Developer. FreeSWITCH 1.8 Feature Requests

Vallimamod Abdullah vma at vallimamod.org
Wed Feb 1 14:33:42 MSK 2017

Hi Mimiko,

> On 26 Jan 2017, at 07:58, Mimiko <vbvbrj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Asterisk support SS7. As I know FS does not have this support, only if an SS7 to SIP external device exists. An SS7 module will be great to be able to
> replace asterisk on such servers.

Do you think there is a real need for an ss7 implementation in freeswitch in addition to the sangoma stack? Their stack does its work and their price is IMHO correct (at least when I checked a few years ago.) Are there specific needs or functionalities missing when comparing to asterisk ss7 offer?

I have imagined in the past porting chan_ss7 to freeswitch but instead went with sangoma when I realized that it was not that an easy task.

--
Best Regards,
Vallimamod