[Freeswitch-users] bridge_generate_comfort_noise not honoring integer value for volume level

Matthew Meek mmeek at livexchange.com
Mon Dec 18 07:39:37 UTC 2017

The values of -2,-1  50, 1400, and 4000 all have the same volume of whitenoise.  I am setting it with:

<action application="set" data="bridge_generate_comfort_noise=4000"/>

I can see in the code where this should work (although -1 is doubtful to be silence as the if block checks for silence_val < -1 instead of <= -1), but in practice the value has no effect. I am not sure if the value is over-ridden somewhere else.

-Matthew Meek

The higher the number the softer it will get.  You say 4000 didn't work?  -1 should be absolute silence.