[Freeswitch-users] Pause Voicemail 'beep' when using skip instructions

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 13:08:16 UTC 2017

Hi Guys,

Hope all are well?

I am using using skip_instructions with the voicemail module, so that we dont have any instructions and just the audio file is played (voicemail_greeting_number=1), which I am doing in dialplan as below;

<action application="answer"/>
 <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
<action application="set" data="skip_instructions=true"/>
<action application="set" data="voicemail_greeting_number=1"/>
<action application="voicemail" data="default Domain user"/>

This works fine but some people are reporting the 'beep' kicks in too quickly after the audio file has stopped playing.

Is there a way to pause/sleep the 'beep' so I can wait for a few seconds before it is generated?

Many thanks

Jon