[Freeswitch-users] [OpenSIPS-Users] [SR-Users] ClueCon Slides: Industrial Grade FreeSWITCH, Scaling, Balancing, High Availability, SIP, WebRTC

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 18:53:34 UTC 2017

On 18 August 2017 at 16:46, Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 August 2017 at 11:20, Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi Giovanni, nice presentation!
>>
>> i got few questions tho :=)
>>
>> 1. you mentioned you use FusionPBX to provision. So, can it provision a
>> FS farm without switching from one FS to another ? I mean, can Fusion
>> provision a farm of FS as is not a single node per node ?
>>

> FusionPBX, if you use it, is able to provision (eg, to configure,
> reconfigure, etc) the PHONES that are used by the platform

To be honest, I tried FusionPBX once and there is a lot of lua under the
hood ... didn't like it at that time as im not that into lua (my fault
:=)). If this fixes phone provision only, i think its better having an
xml_curl config server to feed both PHONES and FreeSWITCH
(configuration/directory) across N number of FS nodes seamlessly .. no need
to partition anything.

>> 2. what do you use to "distribuite" VERTO calls from kamailio to FS(x).
>>

> as explained in the presentation, to distribute VERTO calls you either
> partition them on domain (eg, hash on domain client side as in case of
> multidomain, pbx in the cloud like), or distribute them using different
> redirected port for signaling (each port going to different backend
> machines). You can use iptables or HAProxy. For media, you assign each
> backend machine a different range of rtp ports, and redirect them from the
> front machine. You use iptables. VERTO has no trunking or external registar
> function. Neither has a proxy function.

i was planing to use nginx or haproxy to load balance websockets across
Freeswitch farm and iptables for RTP forwarding.

> 3. how do you configure "static" SIP trunks between FS(x) to allow VERTO
>> to VERTO calls across entire FS farm ?
>>

> You can have verto to verto calls only between verto users registered on
> the same machine. For users on different machines you will need to use
> traditional SIP routing, and use traditional sip addressing. Eg
> userA at domainA will call userB at domainB. Each user is registered via VERTO
> on a different machines. Call will be VERTO from userA to machineA SIP from
> machineA to machineB VERTO from machineB to userB

here i was thinking to create a location service on kamailio that will
respond with 302 message pointing to FS node having the correct verto
registration.

e.g.
- verto user1 registers, haproxy balances wss to node1
- verto user2 registres, haproxy balances wss to node2

when user1 calls user2, i can make FS1 ask for location ( INVITE ) to
kamailio, so i get a correct FS node in 302 contact. This way FS1 can place
a call to FS2 without any specific mambo jumbo dialplan... and especially,
anything static.

my goal is to have a setup where i don't need to group specific hosted pbx
group members on the specific node.

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org