[Freeswitch-users] Does this configuration make sense?

Michael Avers michael at mailworks.org
Mon Aug 14 02:09:45 UTC 2017

I'm trying to ditch multiple registrations and go with a concept where a user (say identified internally as extension # 3005) can register any number of devices/softphones using unique SIP credentials for each one, and so extension would end up having these extensions configured:

3005 at domain - primary extension, but no one registers it directly. It is used for presence and its dial_string will define what other extensions are supposed to ring

3005_desktop at domain
3005_mobile1 at domain
3005_yealink at domain

and so 3005's dial_string can define that the Yealink and Mobile1 extensions will ring for the first 10 seconds, and only then 3005_desktop starts to ring as well.

They will all have 3005's VM box as their voicemail box.

When they call out they will set presence_id to be 3005 at domain and also presence_id will be set when they are called via 3005's dial_string.

Anybody ever did this kind of set up?

The whole idea is to have the user control which of their devices ring, if at all. Because I see more and more users registering on 3+ devices and they don't always want them to all to ring right away.

Mike