[Freeswitch-users] payload type mismatch with bridge command

John Narduchi johnnarduchi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:01:29 UTC 2017

Hello, question about a 2833 DTMF situation I'm running into. We run a IVR
in node.js using the outbound event socket. The node IVR answers the call,
captures some digits from caller and then bridges with bypass_media=true
the b leg out to a conferencing server, taking freeswitch out of the media
path and all works well except.. for one scenario.

When we receive telephone-events/8000 on a attribute other than 101 we end
up with a payload type mismatch on a and b leg.

With the bridge command the b leg always seems to offer what is specified
in the rfc2833-pt setting of corresponding sip_profile.

My question is, is there a way to configure FS to offer telephone-event on
the same attribute in the b leg that came in on initial invite of a leg
with bridge command on a answered call? Or possibly renegotiate the payload
type if needed at time of bridge command? If so any examples for that.

Sorry my SIP knowledge is not the best so please forgive if i am missing
something here. Configs are vanilla and tested on latest FS version 1.6.19.

Thanks!