[Freeswitch-users] inbound-late-negotiation with pickup channels

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 00:49:21 MSD 2017

Hey all,

So I'm using inbound-late-negotiation and inherit_codec on calls to try to
get the A and B legs to agree on a codec and reduce the frequency of
transcoding.

For direct calls, this seems to work fine. I can't say the same about
pickup channels, though. I expected that the pickup application would work
with inherit_codec the same way, since codec negotiation still doesn't
start until the channel is picked up, but it doesn't seem to be happening
that way. Instead, the channel that is picking up the parked channel seems
to pick a codec based on its own preference.

Is there something I'm missing here - or is this possibly a bug?

Best,
Colin