[Freeswitch-users] Any plan to support DPDK?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 00:11:39 MSD 2017

Hello,

On 17.04.17 18:22, Sergey Safarov wrote:
> Where in FreeSwith you think DPDK will helpful?
> I think DPDK cannot do RTP streaming or codec conversion.
>
> пн, 17 апр. 2017, 17:31 Raymond <xxxman2008 at 126.com
> <mailto:xxxman2008 at 126.com>>:
>
>     Hi, guys
>
>           Is there's any plan to develop a  "DPDK Freeswitch version"
>     ?   DPDK  is really a big improve of network .

Just mu 5ct because I haven't spent much time with DPDK, but also my
impression is that is useful when doing packet routing rather than
application level complex processing (e.g., handling rtp for dtmf,
transcoding or mixing streams). Only maybe make sense for media
passthrough mode with freeswitch, but I guess it won't bring much more
performance benefits at the expense of losing all media processing
capabilities. If you only need to collect the rtp streams to a single
point, using kernel forwarding (iptables) rules can be an alternative
solution to cope with more traffic (rtpengine can do that, controlled by
kamailio sip proxy).

Cheers,
Daniel

--