[Freeswitch-users] Stereo calls recording.

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 10:28:50 MSD 2017

Hello.

Hope there is time to give some ideas for new release of FS.

In FS I've found very useful recording a conversation in stereo with each calling party on its channel: one caller on left channel and one on right
channel. Its like you a sitting between them. And what about stereo calls? I think if two parties talk with stereo microphones FS should record all
channels in a file in different channels. I see this using DD or AC3 with 4 channels. The callers could be recorded like this:

                                      Front

           Caller 1 Left Mic - FL               FR - Caller 2 Right Mic

Caller 1             Left           listener             Right           Caller 2

           Caller 1 Right Mic - SL              SR - Caller 2 Left Mic

                                       Rear

So, listening to this record, one will feel like is sitting between two callers and will feel the position in space of each one.

One good thing about decoders is that if listener have only headset, then one can choose listening only for front channels (left and right) hearing
each party, or down mix rear channels to front ones.

What do you think about this idea?

--
Mimiko desu.