[Freeswitch-users] Legacy SBC replacement with Freeswitch

Richard Gleason rgleason at voipnetwork.net
Wed Sep 21 11:50:13 MSD 2016

Good Morning,

I have a task on my plate for some times, and need some help from this
list.

I have to replace commercial SBC's that handle 40000 concurrent calls at
peak with Freeswitch.

The challenge I have is a capacity planing and selecting right hardware for
FS.

Little overview about setup:
1. IP Authentication only, handled via Radius.
2. Routing will be handled via remote SIP redirect server on avg we are
doing 1000 CPS to it.
3. CDR's are written to CSV file that we download every 15 min and process.
4. Media proxy enabled, but codecs conversion is disabled.

Please let me know how much CPU and RAM do I need to handle 10000
concurrent calls (20000 call legs per box) and CPS is about 300 per box
will be.

There will be no other applications running on the server or any other
modules straight up traffic switching only.
--
Best Regards,
Richard Gleason