[Freeswitch-users] Redirect to another FS Instance

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 22:55:19 MSD 2016

Hey all,

I tried searching through mailing list archives for this and it seems like
I was able to find some related questions but they were either unanswered
or different enough that it felt worth asking again.

I have a distributed FS setup, and I'm trying to allow for transferring
calls between two FS instances. For example, a call comes in to FS1, gets
answered, goes through a few dial plan applications and then needs to be
bridged into an active call (or conference) on FS2.

I'm looking to figure out the best way to redirect that call to FS2 such
that FS1 is neither in the signaling nor media path after the redirect. In
this case, I have Kamailio in front of FS.

Is uuid_simplify the answer here? Or is there another best practice for
this?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Colin