[Freeswitch-users] Variables in a user directory config will not a channel variable

Alexander Haugg Alexander.Haugg at c4b.de
Mon Sep 12 12:46:58 MSD 2016

Hi,

I’m set the valiable „effective_caller_id_numer“ in the user config file. The user is working fine, but the variables are not set to the channel variables.

<user id="170">
  <params>
    <param name="password" value="xxx" />
  </params>
  <variables>
    <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="+4989840798170" />
    <variable name="any_key" value="any_value" />
  </variables>
</user>

The user 170 is calling another user. In the dialplan, I’m trying this
<action application="log" data="ERR effective_caller_id_number=${effective_caller_id_number}"/>

The documentation for the user directory says
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/XML+User+Directory#XMLUserDirectory-Variables

“Any variables defined in the domain or user will be defined as channel variables when there is a call to user or when there is an inbound calls from that user.”

Needs the freeswitch the mod_directory for this? I think not.
What do I wrong?

Thanks a lot!