[Freeswitch-users] Hardware requirement for 1000 Calls

Don Hawkins hawkins at hawkinsegroup.com
Sat Sep 10 18:53:47 MSD 2016

Testing results with different configurations:
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Real-world_results

Your best bet is to test yourself, no one knows your network (probably not
even you) until you put it under stress.

As far as we are concerned, we have FreeSwitch in the cloud with the
ability to utilize unlimited resources for volume burst. And of course the
cloud has the benefit of being able to scale up with a few clicks if things
get crazy. The cloud also has the downside that you have to share resources
with others, especially during peak times.

For us storage space is not a huge concern, we have a 40GB SSD drive, the
only thing stored on the server are config files and recordings and
recordings come right off as they are saved where we move them to Rackspace
cloud/file storage.

Hope that helps.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:51 AM, Uday kumar <udy786 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need your help to setup Freeswitch server for 1000 concurrent call on
> CentOS. Freeswitch version 1.4.26 for below modules:-
>
> *1.* Conference
> *2.* CallCenter:- In CallCenter Module will use ring group, queue etc.
> *3.* Extension to extension Calls, Extention to Mobile/Landline call
> using SIP.
> *4.* IVR
> *5.* Recording:- Record all Calls (Conference, CallCenter, Extension, IVR
> etc)
> *6.* To tracking RTP, use tool Voipmonitor.
> *7. *For security iptables.
> *8.* Database is MySQL.
>
> To make outgoing and incoming calls will configure multiple Carrier
> provider and DID.
>

> *Please suggest server configuration for above setup and also how much
> Internet speed is required. *
>
> *Currently I have one dedicated server in cloud with below configuration. *
>
> *Intel(R) Xeon ** @ 3.30GHz*
> *12GB RAM*
> *8MB Casche*
> *500GB HDD with 7k RPM*
>
> *Please suggest if this is capable to handle above requirements. *
>

> --
> Thanks & Regard
> Uday
> Site:- www.shareyourknowledge.in