[Freeswitch-users] Hangup cause translation issues?

Allan Kristensen ak at hejdu.dk
Fri Sep 2 01:03:38 MSD 2016

Hello,

Why am I getting a (q850) NO_USER_RESPONSE (18) hangup cause from a SIP 480
Temp. unavail.

When the RFC 4497 says (pick one):

19 No answer from the user     480 Temporarily unavailable
20 Subscriber absent           480 Temporarily unavailable

I looked in the source (sofia_glue.c) and it says:

/* map sip responses to QSIG cause codes ala RFC4497 section 8.4.4 */
switch_call_cause_t sofia_glue_sip_cause_to_freeswitch(int status)
{
        switch (status) {

        case 480:
                return SWITCH_CAUSE_NO_USER_RESPONSE;

Which is code 18, it seems incorrect.. is it just me?

/Allan