[Freeswitch-users] Using presence or state to avoid intercom barge-in

Phil Quesinberry philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Thu Sep 1 23:20:27 MSD 2016

Hi,

We're running into an issue with Cisco SPA50x phones where an intercom call
to an extension either places the currently active call on hold or hangs up
on it and switches to the intercom call.  We'd like to not have this happen
if the destination extension is in use.

The only way I know of to do this would involve reconfiguring all of the
phones to share presence and then check it in the dialplan before bridging.
Is there a convenient "no-barge" variable or similar that can be set so FS
won't send the invite if the extension is in use or a way to check the
extension's state from the dialplan?  I'm guessing that's a NO but I had to
ask!

Alternatively, is there a way to get the Cisco phones not to interrupt the
call in progress when a call comes in?  Instead of setting
sip_auto_answer=true, I've also tried setting
sip_h_Call-Info=<sip:ip.address.of.server>;answer-after=0 which appears to
stop this behavior on the Aastra phones but not the Cisco phones, although
I'm not entirely sure about this as I now can't seem to reproduce the
undesired behavior on the Aastra phones...

Dialplan entry for the intercom as it stands is as follows:
<extension name="extension-intercom-fix" continue="true">
   <condition field="destination_number" expression="^\*8(\d{2,7})$" >
       <action application="set" data="dialed_extension=$1" />
       <action application="bridge"
data="user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}" />
       <action application="export" data="sip_auto_answer=true" />
   </condition>
</extension>

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Phil Quesinberry
Q Systems Engineering, Inc.
Embedded Systems, Telecom, IT
(410) 969-8002