[Freeswitch-users] Background noise on SIP 2 SIP calls

Don Hawkins hawkins at hawkinsegroup.com
Thu Sep 1 08:47:17 MSD 2016

Hey everyone!

When I place a call from one extension to another (SIP account -> SIP
account / both on same FreeSwitch server) there is a LOT of background
noise, I guess I would describe it as white noise.
On the flip side, when calls are placed through one of our gateways to a
landline or mobile the call is crystal clear without any background noise.

I've tried different SIP phones in all kinds of ways, from my mobile (using
SIP app), from Grandstream ATA, from X-Lite, they all have a lot of
background noise on SIP 2 SIP calls.

Any suggestions? A setting perhaps?