[Freeswitch-users] What concepts in FreeSWITCH did you strugglewith when you first started?

Fredrik Åhlén fredrik.h.ahlen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 00:34:10 MSD 2016

My 2 cents ...

What I think might be helpful for new users to FreeSWITCH is an overview picture of how FreeSWITCH relates to different blocks/parts and how each relates to each other. I am a big fan of clear high level overview pictures in order to fast get the picture if you see what I mean. This can be both on the internal view of the “inner” workings of FreeSWITCH but also how it relates to the environment outside FreeSWITCH like ICE/TURN/STUN/SIP-truncs/ISP/SIP-Proxies/FWs/GWs/DBs/HASs ...

Also some basic flow diagrams would be really helpful in order to get the picture.

I really understand that you can’t cover it all but IMO an overview pictures are one of the best way to get you going.

With Best Regards,
Fred