[Freeswitch-users] Running a script on a completed transfer

Walter Smith walter at carezone.com
Thu Oct 27 03:22:14 MSD 2016

I need to record calls if/when they touch a certain set of extensions. I
have most of the logic working but am baffled by one thing: how do I cause
an application (it’s a lua script) to run when a channel is bridged as the
result of a transfer?

My usual bag of tricks isn't working because the bridge happens "magically"
in sofia in response to the REFER. For example, execute_on_answer doesn’t
help because the answer happens during the attended transfer -- I need to
run AFTER the transfer (that is, when the original A leg is bridged to the
attended transfer’s B leg).

Example scenario:

1. External call comes in (channel A = PSTN to switch, channel B = switch
to phone with extension 1000)

2. Ext 1000 does an attended transfer to ext 1001 (channel C = 1000 to
switch, channel D = switch to 1001)

3. Transfer completes (sofia bridges channel A to channel D)

I want my script to run on either channel A or D after 3 happens.

What’s the best way to do this?

Thanks,
Walter