[Freeswitch-users] What concepts in FreeSWITCH did you struggle with when you first started?

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Oct 26 00:49:30 MSD 2016

Users from the directory would dictate who/what can register inbound to
FreeSWITCH regardless of the profile, its looked up by domain using DNS so
if you have various profiles setup on various ports that are setup to hit
the user directory and the DNS name matches the directory domain that user
would authenticate to the system and be allowed into the context defined on
that user by user_context, Gateways are for outbound registrations from
FreeSWITCH to a SIP provider.

internal/external are arbitrary you can make them foo or bar, they are just
names, just like context names are arbitrary too.  They can be called
anything as long the settings all match up where you expect traffic to hit.

--

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
https://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch_ubuntu

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest