[Freeswitch-users] does mod_http_cache support AWS Signature Version 4?

Sun Harold harold.freeswitch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:56:25 MSD 2016

Hello,

I’m working on a setup to use freeswitch as media server together with kamailio and rtpengine. We need to record the calls with freeswitch and upload the recording to S3.

I found mod_http_cache is able to do exactly what we need. But when I configured this module and use it in the dailplan, the recordings are not uploaded in S3. I can see HTTP 403 errors in freeswitch logs.

Since I’m using aws China region, AWS signature version 4 is only option here. I did a quick scan on the source code and found mod_http_cache seems only support aws signature version 2.

Does anyone can confirm if mod_http_cache work with aws signature version 4? If not, I will try to implement that and contribute back.

Harold Sun