[Freeswitch-users] Preferred Intel QPI Bandwidth Priority Setting for FreeSWITCH

Shaun Stokes shaun.stokes at itec-support.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 11:48:42 MSD 2016

Hi All,

Just to clarify, the QPI connects between to the processor sockets as well as the IOH (shared I/O controller), this is used to replace the FSB (front side bus) in Xeon processors. I believe setting this to 'I/O' gives traffic with the I/O controller priority, settings this to 'Compute' gives computational (processor) traffic priority.

I'm not certain where the bottleneck would be with FreeSWITCH.

Considering each processor has its own memory controller and most of the configuration and data will be cached in the memory I would presume we ought to be giving bandwidth priority to computational traffic between the processors, although not sure precisely how much difference this will make in production.

This is one of the few discussions I've found about QPI bandwidth priority: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/269051-28-intel-speed-relevancy

If anyone has anything else they would like to add please feel free.

Thanks,
Shaun