[Freeswitch-users] Achieving streaming ASR

Luca Pradovera luca.pradovera at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 00:53:39 MSD 2016

Hello,
following a discussion on IRC, I thought I would move this here so it is
more async.

The need is to be able to use Nuance/IBM Watson/Google Speech APIs in
streaming mode for real-time transcription (essentially, captioning a video
conference and getting a transcript of the proceedings).

My first idea was to simply get the frames from a recording as it is being
written, though there might be some obstacles there.

It was suggested the media bugs infrastructure would work, at the C level,
though I need to check which formats it supports.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Luca