[Freeswitch-users] mod_lcr with mssql backend

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 03:52:18 MSD 2016

Thanks David.

Looking though the code, I see that the LIMIT 1 clause is used several
times in contexts similar to this:

   /* Checking for cid field, adding if needed */
          if (db_check("SELECT cid FROM lcr LIMIT 1") == SWITCH_TRUE) {
              switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_LOG, SWITCH_LOG_DEBUG, "cid
field defined.\n");

I gather they are limiting to 1 record because there might be people that
have huge tables and it wouldn't make sense to bring back all those
records...

But as can be seen below, limiting records doesn't seem to be one of those
standard SQL things...

Returning only the first N records in a SQL query differs quite a bit
between database platforms. Here's some samples:

*Microsoft SQL Server*

SELECT *TOP 10* column FROM table

*PostgreSQL and MySQL*

SELECT column FROM table*LIMIT 10*

*Oracle*

SELECT column FROM table*WHERE ROWNUM <= 10*

*Sybase*

*SET rowcount 10*
SELECT column FROM table

*Firebird*

SELECT *FIRST 10* column
FROM table

I'm wondering if they couldn't do something like "select distinct XXXX.."
 to mitigate this, but still be compatible with all ODBC backends.  SELECT
DISTINCT seems to be standard (at least I checked ORACLE, POSTGRES, mySQL
and MSSQL.

Guillermo