[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: RTCP in passthrough mode

Александр Дружилов alexdruzhilov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:56:47 MSK 2016

Could somebody explain me how Freeswitch works with a RTCP packets in video
passthrough mode?

I ask because I found a problem when one user starts sending video to
another client through Freeswitch. The problem in depth: I have two clients
and whant to make WebRTC video conference between them (but use only
passthrough mode because it's just a screensharing when one user sends his
screen to anybody other in conference). So first user starts conference and
sends his screen to Freeswitch (and he can see that Freeswitch sends him
back his screen properly). When another user attaches to this conference he
does not see any video, but at the same time I see in
chrome://webrtc-internals that he receives exactly the same video stream
that first user sends to freeswitch. I started to look deeper and found
that second client sends a lot of PLI requests (about 5 per second) to
Freeswitch. I tend to think that it's because second client attaches to
conference in the middle of RTP stream and he didn't receive a full
intra-picture and he can't start encode the video stream. Also I found that
no RTCP packets was sent from Freeswitch to the first client to get this
intra-picture. So returning to my first question: what if Freeswitch just
ignores this RTCP packets in passthrough mode?