[Freeswitch-users] Help with FreeTDM and GSM Interface

Antonio Modesto modesto916 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:56:14 MSK 2016

Hi,

I'm having problems to connect calls using a digium tdm800p card. The
problem only happens with the ports that are connected to a intelbras 4100
gsm interface, ports connected to the POTS are not affected. I'll try the
best I can to express the situation:

1) Cold restart the gsm interface and wait for it to boot up
2) Try to place a call using it (freetdm/<port>/<number>)
3) The call stays silent, after a while the carrier reports that a invalid
number has been informed
4) At this point, all following calls always return busy. If I connect an
analog phone to the gsm interface and start dialing digits, it gives a busy
tone right away, before I finish dialing the number
5) Cold restart the gsm interface again
6) Try to place a call using it (freetdm/<port>/<number>)
7) The calls stays silent, but this time I type the same number again.
8) The call connects.

This problem does not happen with an analog phone or with chan_dahdi
(asterisk), just with freetdm. My assumption is that when freetdm opens the
channel for the first time and starting sending the dtmf digits, the gsm
interface is not able to read them and sits waiting, after a while it
timeouts and stops working, even for further calls. Here is my freetdm.conf:

[span zt dahdi_span_1]
trunk_type => FXO
debugdtmf => yes
analog-start-type => kewl
fxo-channel => 1:1-6

zt.cont:

[defaults]
codec_ms => 20
wink_ms => 150
flash_ms => 750
echo_cancel_level => 64
rxgain => 0.0
txgain => 0.0

dahdi/system.conf:

loadzone=br
defaultzone=br
fxsks=1-6
echocanceller=mg2,1-6

If anybody could help me with this I would really aprecciate.

Regards.

--
Atenciosamente,

Antônio Modesto