[Freeswitch-users] How FreeSwitch starts on Debian 8

Jeff Leung jleung at v10networks.ca
Fri May 27 20:18:33 MSD 2016

> After installation, Freeswitch was up and running, but I don't see any
> /etc/init.d script to start it.
That's because it now uses systemd to start up the service, not sysvinit. To start it up you can either go
systemctl start freeswitch or service freeswitch start

To enable/disable it, you'd go:
systemctl enable freeswitch or systemctl disable freeswitch

> When I killed the process, it automatically restarted!

systemd now automatically recovers crashed services so there isn't a need to install monit like most of us did back in the 1.2 era.