[Freeswitch-users] Debian, FreeSWITCH, and email

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Thu May 12 23:10:56 MSD 2016

I'm setting up a new system to replace our previous one (which was
FreeSWITCH 1.4.15 on CentOS 6.6) to a better supported configuration
(latest FreeSWITCH on Debian jessie).

I'm getting to the part where I'm configuring email, to be used by
FreeSWITCH voicemail notifications, the LUA freeswitch.email function, and
future FAX support (assuming I can get it to receive FAXes dependably so I
can get rid of my POTS FAX line).

I found that exim4 comes with Debian, but I also found a (old) warning in
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_voicemail talking
about potential problems, that may have been fixed.

So I was wondering if I should use exim4, or install postfix. Any opinions?

--
Steve