[Freeswitch-users] JSON Web Tokens

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Tue May 3 20:42:41 MSD 2016

U/P are not sent over html (not even sure what that means).. they are sent over secure websockets.  They are then validated against the user directory.  You could implement this by instead of sending u/p, sending your token, then using mod_xml_curl to do a user lookup, and in your web application validating the token.  This could be made to work without any changes to FreeSWITCH.  To do this you would take the token that you pass in the "passwd" field from javascript (that would be the JWT token) and when you authorize the user, you would pass back the same value in the "password" param