[Freeswitch-users] Any reason why this Freeswitch init script fails to start (after modifications)

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:20:48 MSD 2016

This is the pastebin of the freeswitch init script on my Debian 8 system.

http://pastebin.com/7mmw9ghx

Freeswitch starts OK, only that it starts with the wrong configuration, ie
I can log in via fs_cli but then non of the conf files would have kicked.
Even when I disable it and run freeswitch from /etc/rc.local Freeswitch
doesn't work. I usually have to login first then run Freeswitch from the
command line, but is not very good because if the system needs to be
rebooted for some reason Freeswitch needs to be manually started.

When I examine the file the only thing that seems to be wrong is that the
DAEMON_ARGS variable does not include the freeswitch configuration file or
directory or that the configuratin file defined by /etc/default/$NAME is
undefined. This seems to imply that if I add " -c
/usr/local/freeswitch/conf' " to DAEMON_ARGS freeswitch should start but it
doesn't. If that is the case what should go into /etc/default/$NAME ?

# PATH should only include /usr/* if it runs after the mountnfs.sh script
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
DESC="Freeswitch"
NAME=freeswitch
DAEMON=/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/$NAME
DAEMON_ARGS="-nc -nonat"
PIDFILE=/usr/local/freeswitch/run/$NAME.pid
SCRIPTNAME=/etc/init.d/$NAME

FS_USER=freeswitch
FS_GROUP=daemon

# Exit if the package is not installed
[ -x "$DAEMON" ] || exit 0

# Read configuration variable file if it is present
[ -r /etc/default/$NAME ] && . /etc/default/$NAME

# Load the VERBOSE setting and other rcS variables
. /lib/init/vars.sh

# Define LSB log_* functions.
# Depend on lsb-base (>= 3.0-6) to ensure that this file is present.
. /lib/lsb/init-functions

--
Frank Church