[Freeswitch-users] how to register a number using gateway

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Mon Mar 28 13:53:32 MSD 2016

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Gateways+Configuration

The wiki should explain most of it.

On FreeSWITCH A look in conf/sip_profiles/external/freeswitchB.xml

You could have:

<include>

  <gateway name="freeswitchB">  <-- this name is what you include in the bridge app to send the call to the remote FreeSWITCH B -->

  <!--/// account username  ///-->

  <param name="username" value="fsB_user"/>

  <!--/// account password  ///-->

  <param name="password" value="fsB_pass"/>

  <!--/// register with remote end? ///-->

  <param name="register" value="true"/>

  </gateway>

</include>

The “register” line is set to true to tell it to register with the far end switch, using the username and password specified above. Because FreeSWITCH is a back-to-back user agent it can register with the other FreeSWITCH server just like a phone would register. That’s what this gateway definition tells it to  do.

Because this gateway definition lies under the “external” directory, it will become active when the sip_profile named “external” becomes active, so set that up to make it all work.

Read the wiki for more information and then set up a gateway definition by copying a sample file from the vanilla configuration and editing it with your data. There are other fields that you might need to set.

---

Bote

FreeSWITCH Docs Janitor

http://freeswitch.org/confluence