[Freeswitch-users] OSX shared libesl

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:12:38 MSK 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:14 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
> okay.. just looked closer at this, we hard set libesl as static, which seems
> strange to me.. not a good reason to do that, other than when we link that
> static to the individual modules... if what you are trying to do is get a
> mod you can link to java... try
>
> cd libs/esl  && make javamod
>
> this will make a:
>
> libesljni.so

Thanks for the looking into this issue.

FWIW the JNA approach appears to work as well using the hand cranked
dynamic library.

Right now I trying to evaluate different approaches of deferring
control to external processes. I've had a lot of success with
mod_curl_xml, but I was looking into in the merits of a more fine
grained event driven approach for certain tasks, which is why I was
investigating what ESL and mod_amqp have to offer.