[Freeswitch-users] SRTP calls fail 'because secure media is administratively disabled'

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Mar 18 22:04:23 MSK 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Piotr Starzyk <
pstarzyk at general-devices.com> wrote:

> I was going by examples from FreeSWITCH 1.2 book (didn’t see a later
> release on Amazon).
>
> The following wiki states outdated values as well (and happens to be the
> first link when googling for freeswitch SRTP):
>
> https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SRTP

The docs are all being migrated over to Confluence from the old wiki. Any
time you see a link to something on wiki.freeswitch.org you should
definitely check the Confluence
<https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/FreeSWITCH+Explained>
page first. In a pinch just click the "Docs" link on freeswitch.org.

That all being said, there does not seem to be an equivalent page in
Confluence. However, if you search for "sip_secure_media" in Confluence
you'll see several links that mention the change to "rtp_secure_media" and
other helpful information.

-MSC