[Freeswitch-users] Disable picture_fast_update INFO requests

Fabio Margarido fabiomargarido at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:02:01 MSK 2016

Hi there.

I'm trying a scenario in which FreeSWITCH sits between a WebRTC endpoint
and an IMS network, performing media conversion.

When a call is established, FS starts to send INFO requests with an
application/media_control+xml body related to RFC 5168. The WebRTC endpoint
always responds with 415 Unsupported Media Type (the web application uses
sip.js) and the IMS network sometimes responds with 500 Server Internal
Error. The problem I have is that FS sends that request every second to
both sides and keeps doing so for as long as the call is answered.

My question is whether it would stop or at least scale down the frequency
if both sides replied with 200 OK, or alternatively if there is a way to
disable the sending of these requests. I've looked at the documentation and
the mailing list history but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Thanks in advance.