[Freeswitch-users] How to: drop inband dtmf

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Mon Jun 27 08:16:13 MSD 2016

I'm not sure this is posted anywhere, so I wanted to make sure it's here.

I have a carrier that sends both inband and RFC2833 DTMF.
For FreeSWITCH, this is fine, but if I bridge it on to someone else, then
the remote system often processes both for duplicate DTMF.

Here's a local fix that works for me (but you can't be in bypass mode) to
remove the inband (it always had rfc2833, but not *always *inband.)
Set this for the affected leg:

<action application="set" data="rtp_manual_rtp_bugs=FLUSH_JB_ON_DTMF"/>
> <action application="set" data="jitterbuffer_msec=60"/>
> <action application="set" data="sip_jitter_buffer_during_bridge=true"/>

I have in my notes: <action application="export"
data="nolocal:drop_dtmf=true"/> but I don't see on the wiki that it's for
sure that it works on inband, a quick look at the code and I still wasn't
sure.

-Avi Marcus
BestFone