[Freeswitch-users] Dynamically turn on and off Voicemail and custom manage BLF

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Wed Jun 15 22:21:01 MSD 2016

Hi list,
I am trying to emulate the behavior of a traditional PBX where pressing a soft key on the phone will forward calls to Voicemail and turn on the lamp on that key for all phones in the group.
I am able to switch on and off the forwarding to Voicemail by using a DB entry that is updated when you call a certain extension, but I am struggling with the BLF.
What I am doing currently is to send an event to turn on the BLF, and  one to turn off the BLF, as follows:
BLF on:
sendevent PRESENCE_IN
proto: sip
from: 1001 at domain.com
login: 1001 at domain.com
event_type: presence
alt_event_type: dialog
Presence-Call-Direction: outbound
answer-state: confirmed

BLF Off:
sendevent PRESENCE_IN
proto: sip
from: 1001 at domain.com
login: 1001 at domain.com
event_type: presence
alt_event_type: dialog
Presence-Call-Direction: outbound
answer-state: terminated

On the phone, the soft key is programmed to monitor 1001 at domain.com.

1001 at domain.com shows as unregistered until I run one of the events on it. However, it doesn’t matter which I run, I am not able to control the on / off behavior on the BLF. The light comes on, and stays on until it looks as if the extension was unregistered again.

What am I missing and how can I accomplish this?

Thanks a million,
Emrah