[Freeswitch-users] RFC 2833 payload type mismatch issue on bridged call

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Fri Jun 10 04:50:16 MSD 2016

I have a client sending an INVITE to FS with RFC 2833 offered as payload type 96.  My freeswitch device profile has "rfc2833-pt" set to 101 and "inbound-late-negotiation” set to true.

The FS then bridges this call to a gateway, sending an INVITE offering pt 101 for 2833.
The 200 OK on the B leg comes back (with pt 101), and FS then sends a 200 OK to the original INVITE with pt 101.
So, to summarize, the client has offered 101 for 2833 and the FS responds with an SDP with 96.
At that point, DTMF does not work (DTMF generated by the client not recognized by the far end gateway).

Is there a configuration setting that would tell FS to use the RDC 2833 payload type from the A leg when bridging a call?

Interestingly, I am only seeing this problem on servers I have upgraded (to  1.6.8) — older servers do bridge the B leg offering pt 96 if that came in on the A leg.
(Note, though, that the older servers are also not configured to do inbound-late-negotiation).