[Freeswitch-users] mod_gsmopen: are USB dongles the only option?

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:40:36 MSD 2016

Ciao Stanislav,

the whole idea of gsmopen is to use cheap and ready available radio
interfaces, that maybe you can get off ebay or surplus.

Also, they are undistinguishable from "normally used" dongles, and that is
a plus in a lot of countries.

I don't know about pci modems that exposes an audio interface to the
operating system.

Some soldering and demuxing will be probably needed.

But at that point, I would go with Samgoma or Khomp cards...

Also because for doing it well, a lot of engineering details are involved,
from shielding to low pass filtering, to magnetic interferences, etc

Anyway, I like those things too! :)

-giovanni

sent from mobile
cell: +39 347 266 56 18