[Freeswitch-users] Lua Script Does Not Get Executed

Cody Rosenbloom cody.rosenbloom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 02:33:25 MSD 2016

Hi,

I am very new to freeswitch and Lua. I'm trying to get a lua script which
I've set up to send voicemails but as far as I can tell, the script is
never even executed. This is the basic sequence of events.

-> Caller leaves a voicemail. This is stored on the server, no problem.
->After voicemail is stored, I call a lua script passing the email id of
the user and his extension
->The os.execute command within the script passes these values to a simple
shell script which grabs the voicemail audio file, logs some debug output
to an output file so I can verify its been run and then sends me an email.
When I test the script from fs_cli console using

lua <scriptName> <args> , it works fine and I see the debug output logged.
When I actually call and leave a voicemail, this does not happen. Can
someone point out what I'm doing wrong ?

My xml and lua script are pasted at http://pastebin.com/2N6LcfuV

Thank you very much!

Cody