[Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handled without all the extra code to handle the return to the function

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Fri Jul 8 04:17:34 MSD 2016

Just returning a value from any random function won't have any effect.  The return from hangup hook is special as thats a function we call from the c code.  Its probably possible to add a method that you could run that would terminate the script, but I don't think there is any way to do that currently.  On quick review, it looks like the way "exit" return from hangup hook is implemented is by way of calling lua_error from the c code, which would cause the script to terminate.  Other than that, as was said above, the way to end a script is by way of returning from the body of it.