[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch scaling.

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:21:31 MSD 2016

Hello dear community.

Currently I run a FS server in production for a company to handle all
necessary tasks. But it is nit fail-tolerant. It is only one server. So
I would like your hints about scaling.

In fact, FS handles about 100 users with its phone numbers. Two voip
providers, internet access for remote users and direct sip calling.
There are conferences, callcenter, voicemail, ivr. When calling outside
destinations, there is a fail-tolerant connection between two providers
in case one failed. Both providers have own connection needs for header
configuration. For several extensions calls are recorded. Also each user
can initiate a call record.

The most important is callcenter, which have dynamic agent join and
leave. Agents join and leave using there permitted extensions and using
a password, so the FS can know who is login in and record this in DB.
This is important to allow then accounting for agents the time they
where in system for answer. Also each answer is recorded in file and in
DB with the id of the agent who answered. Of course, clients hear its
position while they wait for an answer.

Now I want to extend FS to two physical servers. One DB, and shared
storage with drdb. I would like to implement config load from DB.

As I've read, the big problem in this case to handle the route to
registered user: on which server it is registered. This can be done
using DB for sharing these data. Others says that Opensips come in
handle, to allow opensips for registration purpose and routing, and FS
to server for voicemail, conference, callcenter.

My questions is how in this case will be call record handled between two
channels? If routing is in Opensips, how would I handle agents join and
leave using password in the dialplan, like there is in FS? Do I have to
double dialplan for FS and for Opensips? What will be better to use
Opensips: as a registrar, or only as a load-balancer?

Thank you.

--
Mimiko desu.