[Freeswitch-users] mod_esf with polycom

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Fri Jan 29 22:41:29 MSK 2016

I just did a packet capture of a mod_esf call.  What I'm seeing is not a
lot compared to a polycom page capture.  In the mod_esf cap, I just  a
handful of packets of protocol IGMPv3.  Regardless of my config:

<action application="esf_page_group" data="224.0.1.116 5001"/>

They are being sent to the wrong destination address 224.0.0.22. And
curiously, I see my destination address being used as the group.  (see
attachment)

I don't see this 224.0.0.22 address in the source for mod_esf at all....I
wonder where that's coming from?

In the polycom capture, there are no such IGMP packets, just UDP.
Although I do realize that it's supposed to do a few different broadcast
types from different manufacturers all at once.

Peter Hartmann
Hartmann Computer Consulting
http://blog.hartmanncomputer.com
(212)203-8870

If I can't explain it to you in plain language, that means I don't
understand it.