[Freeswitch-users] Ringback, MOH or file playback while executing dial plan instructions

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 04:54:20 MSK 2016

Ringback is played back only when FreeSWITCH starts an outbound channel -
during the bridge command, for example. What Enrah wants, is to play the
early media while the dialplan execution goes on, but before the call is
bridged.

I tried the following sequence, but it didn't work either: the next command
after sleep() was never executed, because the originator timed out after 20
seconds, and the audio file was played during these 20 seconds:

  <extension name="test1">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^test1$">
      <action application="pre_answer"/>
      <action application="ring_ready"/>
      <action application="set" data="api_result=${bgapi(uuid_broadcast
${uuid} /opt/sound/ITU-T_P_50_BRITISH_ENGLISH.wav)}"/>
      <action application="sleep" data="10000"/>
      <action application="set" data="api_result=${uuid_break(${uuid}
all)}"/>
      <action application="answer"/>
      <action application="playback" data="ivr/ivr-welcome.wav"/>
      <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
      <action application="hangup"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

so, it looks like it needs an external application talking over ESL.