[Freeswitch-users] H264 not added in 200OK

Frédéric LUART frederic.luart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 01:21:57 MSK 2016

Hello,

I am trying to establish a video call from a linPhone to a Polycom device.
Polycom is configured as an external gateway device on my Freeswitch.

I have tried several tests and I have added the H264 configuration in file
modules.conf.xml : <load module="mod_h26x"/>

and also in vars.xml:
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set"
data="global_codec_prefs=OPUS,G722,PCMU,PCMA,H264,VP8"/>
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set"
data="outbound_codec_prefs=OPUS,G722,PCMU,PCMA,H264,VP8"/>

I am now able to establish the call from linphone to Polycom but only audio
is established. I have looked at SIP trace with wireshark and the 200OK
that is send back from Freeswitch to LinPhone has only VP8 in the SDP.

Linphone -----> Invite (VP8, H264) ----->  Freeswitch -----> Invite (VP8,
H264) ----->  Polycom
                <----- 200OK (VP8)         <-----
<----- 200OK (H264) <----

I have tried different configuration without success. Do you have an idea
of what may be missing to have H264 in the 200OK instead of VP8 ?
Or is there another solution ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Fred