[Freeswitch-users] FS conference limitations

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Wed Jan 6 05:37:50 MSK 2016

This is probably best answered by Anthony or Mike J.

I need to make extensive use of the "relate" conference API command to
eliminate feedback between a bunch of VoIP speakers that have microphone
talkback capability.

Is there a practical limit on how many "relations" I can set up to mute
conferees from hearing each other? I have 16 endpoints in one building and
probably 8 to 10 of them need to be muted relative to their nearest
neighbors so that list can get fairly large I imagine. I just don't know
how far I can push it.

Then I have to become a wizard at Lua script programming in a matter of a
few hours to make this all work. Pointers to help are greatly appreciated.
If I get stuck look for a bounty request :-)

I'm thinking I can set up a linked-list populated with the extension number
(which I know and is fixed) paired with the conference user id (which
varies with each call, but is used by the 'relate' command). I'm just going
to make it very simple with everything defined in the script header since
it won't change.

Once this is done I hope to donate it back to the community in the rare
chance that somebody else finds it useful.

Thanks!

Bote