[Freeswitch-users] Can FS offer both internal & external IP address?

Dan Edwards DEdwards at vertical.com
Thu Feb 18 00:16:47 MSK 2016

I'm running FS behind Nginx, so I explicitly removed the local IP address from localnet.auto. This forces FS to always offer 'ext-rtp-ip'. Outside users work fine in that scenario.

Internal users also work, as long as we turn on NAT reflection in our router. I'm looking for a way to not require that router change.

If I can get FS to offer up both it's internal IP and 'ext-rtp-ip' as candidates in the initial INVITE, the browser could then use ICE to determine which IP address was correct.

Is there a way to offer both and allow ICE on the client side to figure out which one to use?

Thanks,
Dan